How to apply
The 2022 Microsoft Research Asia Fellowship application period closes on Friday, June 10, 2022, at 11:59 PM Beijing Time.
- PhD students must apply directly for the scholarship.
- Applications must include:
- An application form (download template here)
- Curriculum vitae
- Research Statement. This statement (of approximately 1,000 words) provides a summary of your research accomplishments and current work and highlight your most outstanding contribution to the academia. It must discuss the future direction and potential of your work, especially your research plan for the next few years of PhD study.
- At least two letters of reference from established researchers familiar with your research. Of these, one letter should come from your advisor. Scanned copies of the signed recommendation letters should be sent, by those recommending you, directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications must be submitted via the online application tool in any of the following formats: Word document, text-only file, PDF or ZIP. Email or hard copy applications will not be considered.
- Applications submitted to Microsoft will not be returned. Microsoft cannot assume responsibility for the confidentiality of information in submitted applications. Therefore, applications should not contain information that is confidential, restricted, or sensitive.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Due to the volume of submissions, Microsoft Research Asia cannot provide individual feedback on applications that do not receive fellowship awards.
Program dates subject to change and will be updated here as needed.
April 20, 2022: Application period opens
June 10, 2022: Application period closes
Mid-August 2022: Online interviews
September 2022: Selected applicants announced