What it is
Two-year fellowship that recognizes higher education faculty in the United States whose exceptional talent identifies them as distinguished scientists and teachers.
How to apply
The submission period has now closed. Recipients for the 2019 Investigator Fellowship have been announced.
Provisions of the 2019 award
$100,000 awarded annually for two years starting in Fall of 2019
- Full-time faculty member at a degree-granting college or university in the United States.
- Hold a PhD or equivalent (DSc etc.)
- Currently conducting research, advising graduate students, and teaching in a classroom
- Currently using or planning to use Microsoft Azure in research and/or teaching. Please indicate in your statement examples of what type of research and cloud computing workloads planned to be used in your research/teaching.
- If awarded, the recipient must remain an active, full-time faculty member during two consecutive academic years of the award or forfeit the award.
- Microsoft will have discretion as to how any remaining funds will be used if the faculty member is no longer qualified to receive funding.
Submissions for the first cohort were accepted through August 16, 2019 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.