It was our pleasure to be a part of the ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing (UBICOMP) in Heidelberg, Germany, September 12-16, 2016, at Kongresshaus Stadthalle Heidelberg.
Microsoft was a Silver sponsor and proud to have several researchers in attendance and present at UBICOMP. If you attended UBICOMP 2016 we hope you were able to chat with our researchers about the projects and opportunities at Microsoft. You can learn more about our research presented at UBICOMP 2016 via the Workshop and Accepted papers below.
In addition to the current research presented this year at UbiComp, Steve Hodges and a team of current and former members of the Microsoft research lab in Cambridge, UK, received the prestigious UbiComp 2016 10-year impact award for the paper “SenseCam: A Retrospective Memory Aid.” Learn more >
- Holger Kenn, Industrial Relations Chair
- Sidhant Gupta, Microsoft Research Redmond
- Xing Xie, Microsoft Research Asia
- A.J. Brush, Microsoft Research Redmond
Microsoft Research attendees
- A.J. Brush
- Sidhant Gupta
- Steve Hodges
- UnderWare: Aesthetic, Expressive, and Functional On-Skin Technologies
Organizers: Joe Paradiso, Chris Schmandt, Katia Vega, Hsin-Liu Cindy Kao, Rébecca Kleinberger, Xin Liu, Jie Qi, Asta Roseway, Ali Yetisen, Jürgen Steimle, Martin Weigel
Monday, September 12
- “ThermalSense: Determining Dynamic Thermal Comfort Preferences using Thermographic Imaging” by Juhi Ranjan and James Scott
- “A Contextual Collaborative Approach for App Usage Forecasting” by Yingzi Wang, Nicholas Jing Yuan, Yu Sun, Fuzheng Zhang, Xing Xie, Qi Liu and Enhong Chen