Cortana Research is the applied research team for Cortana, Microsoft’s intelligent personal assistant. We focus on realizing research innovation within the product. The team comprises scientists and engineers with a range of backgrounds, many of whom have doctoral degrees in their fields of study and/or extensive engineering experience at Microsoft and elsewhere.
Cortana Research has the following goals:
- Develop new technologies that advance Cortana’s capabilities, and artificial intelligence (AI) practice more broadly.
- Collaborate with other teams within Microsoft, and beyond, to bring advanced technologies into Cortana.
- Demonstrate thought leadership in AI via prototypes and technical publications.
- Represent Cortana in engagements with the scientific community, especially academia.
- Keep abreast of scientific and industrial developments, and share our learnings internally.
Please direct questions about Cortana Research to Ryen White.