The Knowledge Technologies and Intelligent Experiences Group (KTX) advances science in areas such as productivity, digital assistants, and search, and we apply our research to important scenarios that further our vision and align with product objectives.
Research interests in KTX span many areas, including machine learning, natural language processing, knowledge extraction and representation, information retrieval, and human-computer interaction. We develop significant new advances in these areas and infuse these advances into Microsoft’s experiences and devices, to empower our users to achieve more. We also publish our research findings at top-tier venues in computer science and beyond.
Current examples of our work include enhancing people’s productivity by developing intelligent assistance around email, tasks, and the collaborative creation of documents, and developing new interaction experiences around multiple devices.
- Intelligent Placeholders in Word (opens in new tab)
- Outlook Actionable Messages (opens in new tab)
- Dynamics 365 Relationship Assistant (opens in new tab)
- Smart Lookup (opens in new tab) in Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Press: PCWorld (opens in new tab)