I lead the CORE group in MSR Redmond. Our focus is on designing large-scale optimization solutions for cloud systems and applications.
Online algorithms for VM allocation
Power-aware cloud resource management
Areas of interest:
- Reinforcement learning – algorithm design and applications
- Cloud and network economics (see this monograph for a summary)
- Cloud resource management (WAN, cluster scheduling, DaaS)
- Large-scale optimization for logistics and transportation
I’ve had the privilege to work with excellent students*:
Virajith jalaparti (UIUC), Mikhail Rybalkin (Steklov Mathematical Institute, St. Petersburg), Jonathan Yaniv (Technion), Spandana Raj B (undergrad, IIT Madras), Andrew Newell (Purdue), Ivan Bliznets (Steklov Mathematical Institute, St. Petersburg), Sangeetha Abdu Jyothi (UIUC), Zilong Tan (Duke), Lalith Suresh (TU-Berlin), Konstantina Mellou (MIT), Angela Jiang (CMU), Hongzi Mao (MIT), Luke Marshall (GATech), Timur Tankayev (GATech), Julia Gaudio (MIT)
* I am always looking for interns who like working in the intersection of algorithms, operations research, and computer systems. Feel free to contact me for more details.