- FORMULA – Modeling Foundations: FORMULA (Formal Modeling Using Logic Programming and Analysis) is a modern formal specification language targeting model-based development (MBD). It is based on algebraic data types (ADTs) and strongly-typed constraint logic programming (CLP), which support concise specifications of abstractions and model transformations. Around this core is a set of composition operators for composing specifications in the style of MBD.
- Data Usage and Privacy Policies: This project involves developing a new language for specifying data usage and privacy policies in the context of distributed web services, using SecPAL as a starting point. The new language lets services specify how they will handle user data and to which third parties this data may be disclosed. On the user side, the language specifies restrictions and obligations on data usage and forwarding.
- Applications of logical inference to policies and management.
- Specification and enforcement of privacy. Usage control in terms of authorizations, delegations and obligations.
- Credentials combining unlinkability and non-transferability
- Proof of proximity and location
- Scalable application of inference engines to real problems.
- Security of distributed systems (Web Services, STS, WCF)
- Secure software engineering, threat modeling.
- Project management, agile development.
- Other interests: Trusted Computing Platforms, Rights Managements.
Collaborative Research Projects