A new initiative to build networks of female researchers in many areas of mathematics, through Research Collaboration Conferences at math institutes, which focus on building collaboration groups consisting of senior and junior women in a given area.
RCCW: The research collaboration networks for women in mathematics linked to this effort so far are WIN, WiSh, WIT, WhAM!, WIG, WINART.
Microsoft Research is proud to have co-funded the WIN, WhAM! and WiSh conferences and the AWM Symposia.
WIN: Women In Numbers : http://womeninnumbertheory.org/
WiSh: Women in Shape
WIT: Women In Topology
WhAM! Women in Applied Math
WINASC: Women in Numerical Analysis and Scientific Computing
- WhAM!2 Numerical Partial Differential Equations and Scientific Computing, IMA, 2014
- AWM-WhAM2! Workshop at SIAM (2017)
WINART: Women in Noncommutative Algebra and Representation Theory
The idea of the model for such conferences is to bring together senior women in a particular mathematical research area to run research projects during a week-long conference: the participants in the project groups are female graduate students and postdocs and junior faculty who apply to attend. The benefit of such a structured program with leaders, projects and working groups, planned in advance, is intended to be in both directions: for senior women who will hopefully meet, mentor, and collaborate with the brightest young women in their field on a part of their research agenda of their choosing, and for junior women and students who will develop their network of colleagues and supporters and encounter important new research areas to work in, thereby improving their chances for successful research careers.
Related conferences in computer science: (co-sponsored by Microsoft Research)
WOMEN In SAGE : SAGE Days 26, 33, 42, 50, 62, 69
- Sage Days 26: — Seattle, Washington (December 7-10, 2010)
- Sage Days 33: — Seattle, Washington (September 19-23, 2011)
- Sage Days 42: — Women in Sage 3, July 15-19, 2012, Wallace Falls Lodge, Seattle, WA.
- Sage Days 50: — Women in Sage 4, Seattle, July 10 – 15, 2013
- Sage Days 62: — Portland, Oregon. Women In Sage 5 (July 28-August 1, 2014)
- Sage Days 69: — San Diego, CA. Women in Sage 6 (September 4-9, 2015)
CrossFyre: Cryptography, Robustness, and Provably Secure Schemes for Female Young Researchers
- CrossFyre 2011: April 14-15, 2011, CASED, Germany
- CrossFyre 2012: June 14-15, 2012, TU Eindhoven, the Netherlands
- CrossFyre 2013: June 20-21, 2013, KU Leuven, Belgium
- CrossFyre 2014: July 3-4, 2014, RU Bochum, Germany
- CrossFyre 2015: November 2-3, 2015, Nijmegen – Netherlands
GREPSEC Conference for Women in Computer Security