- Request a TACC account. Your account has to be activated by signing in to your TACC account at least once.
- Create an Altera account. Enter your university name into the “Company Name” field of the myAltera account registration form.
- After you have these two accounts, please forward the account confirmation emails from your university email address to email@example.com, along with:
- Your one-page proposal outlining the research project, including:
- Full legal name
- Country of citizenship
- Current residential address
- University name
- Department name
- In addition, please include the following license statement in your email:
All of the code that I will pass through FAbRIC CAD tools (such as Verilog files, Bluespec files, etc.) and the files needed to process that code (such as Makefiles) is either already open source (GPL version 2 or above, BSD, or MIT licenses) or I have the right to make it open source and am hereby making all of the code that I pass through FAbRIC CAD tools open source by one of those licenses. I will provide access to my source code to the CAD tool vendors and the FAbRIC administrators immediately. The simplest way to do that is to provide a repository account to the FAbRIC administrators. By default, the CAD tool vendors and/or the FAbRIC administrators agree not to publish the code publicly for at least 12 months.
I acknowledge that the tools, servers, and FPGAs are potentially subject to export controls under U.S. and other applicable government laws and regulations. I will comply with these laws and regulations and agree to obtain all required government authorizations.
I acknowledge that my access to and use of the Microsoft Project Catapult Academic Shell and Driver and related hardware provided by Microsoft is governed by, and subject to, the terms and conditions of the Microsoft Research License Agreement for the Microsoft Project Catapult Academic Shell and Driver. By accessing or using Microsoft Project Catapult materials, I represent and warrant that I have read the agreement, and I agree to be bound by it.