I’m a Principal Scientist in the AI for Earth program.
My interests include:
- Sustainability and conservation (e.g. our Species Classification API)
- Sensors and machine learning for health and fitness
- Computer support for music and creativity
- Sensors and machine learning for input systems
- Making medical records more intuitive to patients
Before coming to Microsoft, my research focused on:
- Haptics and physical simulation for medical applications
- Neural prosthetics and brain-computer interfaces
I was part of the team that made Songsmith, which lets musical novices get a taste of songwriting, just by singing, and provides songwriters with an “intelligent scratchpad”. It’s totally sweet. Try it.
For MSFT folks: I maintain a page of interesting objects and places on campus.