- Lexical Syntax for Statistical Machine Translation, PhD thesis. pdf
- “Machine Translation for Semitic Languets” in Natural Language Processing of Semitic Languages, Springer – 2013
- Lexical Syntax for Arabic Statistical Machine Translation, in Challenges for Arabic Machine Translation, John Benjamins Publishing – 2012
- Method and System for Extracting and Visualizing Graph-Structured Relations from Unstructured Text, US 7730085, issued.
- Method and System for Detecting and Predicting Anomalous Events, Pending.
- Method and System for Access of Multilingual Textual Resources using Conceptual Representation Matching , US20090116741 (pending)
- Method and System for Detecting Anomalous Behavior in Business Process Performance, pending
- Method and System for Automatically Generating Multilingual Electronic Content from Unstructured Data, pending.
- Method and System for Selecting a Data Element in a Network, Pending.
- Method and System for Resolving Out-of-Vocabulary Words during Machine Translation, Filed by Microsoft, 2011
Honors and Awards
- LRC Best Thesis Award, 2009
- IBM Software Group Top Talent for Leadership 2008
- IBM First Plateau Invention Achievement Award 2007, in appreciation and recognition of creative contribution to IBM progress.
- IBM Watson Research Center Bravo Award 2006, for significant contribution in Information Extraction Research.
- IBM Invention Achievement Award 2005, for First Patent Application.
- Science Foundation of Ireland (SFI) 2005, PhD scholarship at Dublin City University.
- IBM Technical Achievement Award 2001, For outstanding contribution in EMMS development.
- Technical Services
- Guest Editor of Machine Translation Journal, special issue on Arabic Translation.
- Program Committee Member of ACL, EMNLP, HLT/NAACL for several years.
Reviewer for Machine Translation Journal, ACM Transactions
- Served as an Executive Member of EAMT (European Association of Machine Translation)