- Identifying Dissatisfaction Segments In Connection With Improving Search Engine Performance, US Patent Pending. Filed by Microsoft.
- Prediction Model Refinement for Information Retrieval Systems, US Patent Pending. Filed by Microsoft.
- Relevance Estimation using a Search Satisfaction Metric, US Patent Pending. Filed by Microsoft.
- System and Method of Geo-Based Prediction in Search Result Selection , US Patent No. 8352466 . Filed by Yahoo!.
- Method and System for Access of Multilingual Textual Resources using Conceptual Representation Matching , US Patent No. 8204736. Filed by IBM.
I lead a team of scientists/engineers in Microsoft Research Technologies; a new R&D organization created to focus on large-scale company technology initiatives. The Language and Information Technologies team focuses on harnessing AI to understand how people interact with information systems and develop new experiences to empower people to be more productive.
Our research interests are at the intersection of information retrieval, natural language understanding and applied machine learning. Our work involves analyzing large-scale text and user behavior data to understand how users interact with information, build models for extracting knowledge from unstructured information and help users complete tasks and find information efficiently.
Our work has application in content understanding, intelligent assistants, search, personalization, and user satisfaction modeling. Our work has been shipped in several experiences and products such as Bing, Cortana, Office 365, and Dynamics 365.
I received my Ph.D. from the department of Computer Science and Engineering from the University of Michigan Ann Arbor.
- The ACL 2012 workshop on Graph-based Methods for Natural Language Processing (TexGraphs-7).
- The annual meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL).
- The conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP).
- The international conference on Computational Linguistics (COLING).
- ACL Demo Session.
- The intenational World Wide Web Conference (WWW).
- Transactions of the Association for Computational Linguistics (TACL).
- The IEEE International Conference on Big Data.
- ACM Transactions on Information Systems (TOIS).
- ACM’s Transactions on Internet Technology (TOIT).
- IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering.
- IEEE Intelligent Systems.
- Information Processing and Management.
- Journal of Natural Language Engineering.