I am a researcher with the Systems and Networking group at Microsoft Research. I am broadly interested in secure and robust systems. I graduated from the department of Computer Science and Automation at the Indian Institute of Science where I worked on efficient and accurate profiling and performance modelling techniques.
One of the barriers to adoption cloud database technologies such as SQL Azure is data security and privacy. Data is a valuable asset to most organizations and storing the data in the cloud is often perceived as a security risk. This project investigates encryption as a mechanism to address such data security concerns. In particular, the goal of the project is to research, design, and build a comprehensive database system that supports encryption as a first class citizen. The desired functionality includes: (1) storing encrypted data, (2) issuing encrypted queries and getting back encrypted results. Our goal is to support all sophisticated features of a DBMS such as complex queries, indexes, transactions and stored procedures while maintaining strong security, (3) enabling automated migration of database applications to the cloud.
- Speculate – Language extensions for speculative parallelism
- WYPIWYG – Inferring concurrency control from sequential proofs
- Isolator – Dynamically enforcing isolation in concurrent programs
- Darwin – Software fault localization using program versions
- Preferential Path Profiling – An approach for improving the efficiency of collecting path coverage data
- Seal – Side Effects Analysis for .NET