I’m currently a Principal Research Engineer in the Deep Learning Technology Center. I have a wide interest in Machine Learning spanning from optimization algorithms to distributed systems.
My current main research pursuit is reinforcement learning (RL) with focus on
- off-policy and data-efficient learning (e.g. model-based methods)
- and real-world optimal control applications, including drones control, data center energy optimization, indoor farming optimization, etc.
Previously, I’ve also worked on
- Convolutional neural nets and computer vision (object detection, image segmentation, image classification, etc.)
- Image captioning and multimodal modeling
- Optimization algorithms (SDCA, etc.)
- DL/ML platform
In addition, I’m also the chief mentor of Microsoft AI School’s advanced projects class.