Dr. Nan DUAN (段楠) is a Principal Research Manager in the Natural Language Computing group at Microsoft Research Asia. He is working on fundamental NLP tasks, especially on question answering, natural language understanding/generation, multi-modal NLP and machine reasoning.
Before joining MSRA, he received his Ph.D. on Statistical Machine Translation from Tianjin University in 2011, under supervision of Dr. Ming ZHOU and Dr. Mu LI.
We are hiring researchers and interns! If you have strong publications and experiences in above areas and are willing to work in MSRA, hit me up.
- 2019-11-20: Our work on cross-lingual pre-training (Unicoder: paper) and cross-modal pre-training (Unicoder-VL: paper) was reviewed by Bill Gates.
- 2019-10-26: Our tutorial “Machine Reasoning for Knowledgeable, Explainable and Inferable Models” is accepted by EMNLP 2020, which will be held in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic on Nov. 8-12.
- 2019-10-14: CCF NLPCC Distinguished Young Scientist, 2019.
- 2019-09-05: Unicoder-VL (paper) achieves SOTA on the VCR leaderboard.
- 2019-08-31: DREAM (paper) achieves SOTA on the CommonsenseQA leaderboard.
- 2019-08-07: DREAM (paper) achieves SOTA on the FEVER leaderboard.
- 2019-07-19: Unicoder (paper) achieves SOTA on XNLI.
- 2019-07-13: DREAM achieves SOTA on the GQA leaderboard.
- 2019-06-25: DREAM (Dynamic REAsoning Machine) achieves SOTA on the NQ leaderboard.
- 2018-12-07: Natural Language Understanding (joint work with Bing) was reviewed by Bill Gates.
- 2018-11-08: Video-based Conversational AI was reviewed by Bill Gates on MSRA’s 20th Anniversary.
- 2018-09-10: My book《智能问答》was published by the Higher Education Press.
- 2017-12-31: CCF Distinguished Speaker.