I am a researcher at Microsoft Research in Cambridge, UK. My research focuses on developing novel algorithms and models for artificial intelligence and machine learning applications.
My current research interest are:
- Deep learning of structured models
- Inference aware model design and model estimation
- High-order probabilistic models (set functions)
- Sample efficient reinforcement learning and inverse reinforcement learning for human-machine interaction
Before joining Microsoft Research I was a postdoc in the Learning and Adaptive Systems Group at ETH Zurich led by Prof. Andreas Krause. Before joining ETH, I received a PhD from Graz University of Technology under supervision of Prof. Franz Pernkopf at the Signal and Speech Processing Laboratory.
NeurIPS 2019: Four papers accepted at NeurIPS.
- Sebastian Tschiatschek, Ahana Ghosh, Luis Haug, Rati Devidze, Adish Singla, Learner-aware Teaching: Inverse Reinforcement Learning with Preferences and Constraints
- David Janz, Jiri Hron, Przemysław Mazur, Katja Hofmann, Jose Miguel Hernandez-Lobato, Sebastian Tschiatschek, Successor Uncertainties: Exploration and Uncertainty in Temporal Difference Learning
- Maximilian Igl, Kamil Ciosek, Yingzhen Li, Sebastian Tschiatschek, Cheng Zhang, Sam Devlin, Katja Hofmann, Generalization in Reinforcement Learning with Selective Noise Injection and Information Bottleneck
- Wenbo Gong, Sebastian Tschiatschek, Sebastian Nowozin, Richard E Turner, Jose Miguel Hernandez-Lobato, Cheng Zhang, Icebreaker: Efficient Information Acquisition with Active Learning
ICML 2019: Chao Ma, Sebastian Tschiatschek, Konstantina Palla, José Miguel Hernández-Lobato, Sebastian Nowozin, Cheng Zhang, EDDI: Efficient Dynamic Discovery of High-Value Information with Partial VAE
Talk: Wed Jun 12th 11:40 AM — 12:00 PM @ Hall A
Poster: Wed Jun 12th 6:30 PM @ Pacific Ballroom
NeurIPS 2018: Luis Haug, Sebastian Tschiatschek, and Adish Singla, “Teaching Inverse Reinforcement Learners via Features and Demonstrations”
Poster: Wed Dec 5th 05:00 — 07:00 PM @ Room 517 AB #167
NeurIPS 2018: David Janz, Jiri Hron, José Miguel Hernández-Lobato, Katja Hofmann, and Sebastian Tschiatschek, “Successor Uncertainties: exploration and uncertainty in temporal difference learning”
Poster: Fri Dec 7th, Deep RL Workshop