I am a senior principal researcher in the Networking group at Microsoft Research, Redmond. My interests are broadly in building and analyzing networked systems. I completed my PhD in Computer Science from MIT in 2008.
- 12/22: Disaggregating Stateful Network Functions: at NSDI; with the Sirius team in Azure and AMD Pensando
- 12/22: Rethinking (Predictive) Traffic Engineering; at NSDI; with Yarin, Michael, Aviv and Ishai
- 12/22: Unifying a Split Wide-Area Network Architecture with OneWAN; at NSDI; with the SWAN team in Azure
- 09/22: Minding the gap between fast heuristics and their optimal counterparts; at HotNets; with Behnaz, Ryan, Santi and Pooria.
- 03/22: Handling workload and data drift in learned cardinality estimation models using, in part, query GANs; at SIGMOD; kudos to Beibin and Yao.
- 10/21: Pre-training summarization models for structured datasets at VLDB; kudos to Yao and team.
- 10/21: A simple problem-agnostic parallelization method for granular optimization problems at SOSP; kudos to Deepak, Firas, Fiodar and team.
- 10/21: Using nyquist theorem, we show that datacenter measurements can be under-sampled by up to 1000x without loss; kudos to Behnaz and team.
- 08/21: “distinguished reviewer” at VLDB.
- 09/20: Extended version of data-induced predicates.
- 08/20: A new parallel data-generator for zipf-skewed TPC-H.
- 08/20: Approximate partition selection using summary statistics; @VLDB
- 07/20: Faster TE by decomposing multi-commodity flow; @NSDI.
- 10/19: Data-induced predicates; @VLDB (‘best paper runner-up‘).
- 08/19: Lucky to be part of VL2 which received the test-of-time award from SIGCOMM.
- 05/19: Experiences from shipping samplers and QO rules; @VLDB; talk.
- 07/18: Network + job-aware scheduling of cache tiers; @SoCC; `best paper’.
- 06/18: Probabilistic predicates; @SIGMOD; demo (`best demo’); blog post.