Yun-Cheng (Y.C.) Ju joined Microsoft in 1994. He received a B.S. in Electrical Engineering from National Taiwan University in 1984 and a master's and Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 1990 and 1992, respectively. Prior to joining Microsoft, he worked at Bell Labs for two years.
- Statistical Model Learning with Minimum Labeled Data — robust model training, automatic data acquisition, semi-supervised learning.
- Information Retrieval–search of structured data.
- Spoken Language Understanding: robust understanding, parsing, semantic modeling, call routing, voice search.
- Spoken Language Systems: rapid prototyping of speech understanding systems, language learning tools for semantic grammar development.
- Speech Recognition: language modeling, language model adaptation.
- Statistical Machine Translation.